Woodrock Animal Rescue Adoption Procedure:
- Due to covid 19 we are doing adoptions by Appointment Only
- We answer questions regarding our Rescue Animals via phone, email and/or in person at Shelter, to determine suitability.
- The adopter must visit the Shelter and meet the animal in person. We advise a meet-and-greet between family, family existing pets and the potential adoptable animal. This will take place at Woodrock.
- The adopter completes an Adoption Application form (available below) and pays a non-refundable R200 booking fee. This fee will be deducted from the total adoption fee if adoption is successful.
- A home-check date is arranged.
- If the home-check is approved, the adopter will be notified and can come and collect their adopted furry family member.
- On collection of your new furry family member, the full adoption fee is payable.
- If the adoption does not work out, the adopted animal must be returned, no questions asked.
Conditions Precedent to the adoption agreement and limited title to the adopted animal
- If at any time, throughout the future life of the adopted animal, Woodrock Animal Rescue, at its sole discretion, determines that the welfare of the adopted animal is compromised, or the adopter fails to comply with the “unsterilised” policy below, then Woodrock Animal Rescue retains the RIGHT to take back possession of the adopted animal from its adopter (person adopting the animal).
- The adopter further agrees that Woodrock Animal Rescue may visit the new family home at future times and that access to the premises’ will not be withheld.
- The adopter further agrees that no change in ownership to the adopted animal shall take place without prior approval of Woodrock Animal Rescue.
- The adopter must notify Woodrock Animal Rescue immediately should the adopted animal display any adverse health issues. In such an instance, The Adoptor after leaving Woodrock’s premises if so required, is obligated to make use of a veterinary practice appointed by Woodrock.
- Notwithstanding any representations of it’s management and staff, admissions or omissions made by Woodrock Animal Rescue relating to the animal adopted, Woodrock cannot be held accountable or responsible for any deviations thereto, and accordingly no liability shall attach to Woodrock as a result of loss, damage or injury to the person or property of any person, as a result thereof.
Due to the nature of rescue, many times we are unable to ascertain if adopted animal is “house-trained”. Patience is emphasised over the transition phase.
We are always available for advice, a chat or reassurance! By adopting an animal with us you are embarking into an ongoing relationship. You have now become part of our Woodrock family. We make a promise to be there for you, just as you have promised to love, protect and cherish the new member of your family.
Woodrock Adoption Fees
- A R200 non-refundable ADOPTION BOOKING FEE is payable on application. This will be deducted from the total Adoption Fee if the adoption is successful.
- All our animals are STERILISED (if old enough), Inoculated, microchipped, treated for fleas and treated for worms, prior to leaving our premises.
Adult: R950 (includes inoculations/ deworming/ flea treatment /microchip/ sterilisation)
Adult: R1300 If Woodrock Animal rescue Sterilised The Dog (includes inoculations/ deworming/ flea treatment /microchip)
Puppy: R1300 (includes first inoculations/ deworming/ flea treatment/ microchip/ sterilisation).
An additional R400 is payable if a dog or puppy leaves our premises before it has been sterilised. This will be REFUNDED upon request and when proof of sterilisation has been received by Woodrock. The specified date for sterilisation of a puppy is 6 months of age. It is hereby agreed, that should you adopt an animal from Woodrock, you undertake to uphold our sterilisation policy. This is strictly monitored, as Woodrock aims at all costs to eliminate the increase in animal breeding as there are so many unwanted animals out there. This is non-negotiable and Woodrock reserves the right to exercise its right in accordance with the “Conditions precedent to the adoption agreement and limited title to the adopted animal” above.
Adult: R600 (includes inoculations/deworming/flea treatment /microchip/sterilisation)
Kitten: R800 (includes first inoculations/deworming/flea treatment / microchip/ sterilisation).
An additional R200 is payable if a cat or kitten leaves our premises before it has been sterilised. This will be REFUNDED upon request and when proof of sterilisation has been received by Woodrock. It is hereby agreed, that should you adopt an animal from Woodrock, you undertake to uphold our sterilisation policy. This is strictly monitored, as Woodrock aims at all costs to eliminate the increase in animal breeding as there are so many unwanted animals out there. This is non-negotiable and Woodrock reserves the right to exercise its right in accordance with the “Conditions Precedent to the Adoption Agreement and Limited Title to the Adopted Animal” above.This is strictly monitored as Woodrock aims at all costs to eliminate the increase in animal breeding when there are so many unwanted animals out there.
We rely on community support.
Any additional DONATIONS are most welcome.
Get Involved and Make a Difference
There are many ways to get involved.